Re: [Xen-devel] xm dmesg output

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005, Keir Fraser wrote:

> On 28 Nov 2005, at 21:11, David F Barrera wrote:
>
> > I am seeing a series of messages in 'xm dmesg' on a couple of machines.
> > They look like informational messages, but I would like to ensure that
> > they are not problem diagnostics. Any ideas?
>
> Someone redirected serial input to Xen (CTRL-a three times) and then
> pressed 'r' over the serial line to dump scheduler information. That is
> the only way that info can get printed.

Speaking of "xm dmesg", because xm is in /usr/sbin, it implies that a normal
user wouldn't normally need to run it.

However, xm provides several informational commands, dmesg being just one of
them.  And, since the normal dmesg is in /bin, it might make sense to have
them available in /usr/bin as well.

However, this could just be done with a shell script wrapper.  Would such a
patch be accepted?