Re: [Xen-devel] Hotplug scripts not working... xen/ia64 domU stopped working

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 08:48:32AM -0800, Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort
Collins) wrote:

> Switched back to cset 8122, ran make uninstall, make install-tools,
> and copied proper dom0, domU, and xen images back into place, booted
> xen/dom0 and tried to run domU.  Failed with the same hotplug message.
> Then ran xen-bugtool and got:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/sbin/xen-bugtool", line 17, in ?
>     sys.exit(bugtool.main())
>   File "/usr/lib/python/xen/util/bugtool.py", line 73, in main
>     bugball.append(string_iterator('physinfo',
> prettyDict(xc,physinfo())))
> xen.lowlevel.xc.error: (38, 'Function not implemented')
>
> Since I've never run xen-bugtool before, I don't know if this
> is a side effect of leftover dregs from other installs.  Also,
> not sure if this (even with error) is supposed to put results
> in a file somewhere?

The physinfo call has been around forever.  I'd say that your kernel and tools
are disagreeing on the size of a structure or something like that.

Ewan.