Re: [Xen-devel] Dom0 memory size is persistent?

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 09:01:31AM -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:

> Keir Fraser wrote:
>

> >On 30 Nov 2005, at 07:52, Matsumoto wrote:
> >
> >>I think tdb should be re-create every time dom0 is started.
> >>Am I correct?
> >

> >Yes, that is a perfectly good fix. We are even thinking about adding
> >an init script to our install that will delete the tdb database file
> >automatically for you.
>
> And blow away the entire store?  Why not just blow away the domain
> configuration paths (/local and /vm)?  I thought the /tool path was
> going to persistent across reboots.

I have changed xenstored to remove /local when it starts, and I have changed
Xend to ignore the maxmem and memory settings for Dom 0 when _it_ starts.
These two things together should be sufficient to ensure that stale data are
not used, while preserving the contents of /tools, /vm etc.  This should solve
your problem.

Cheers,

Ewan.