[Xen-devel] VIFs

Hello again, gang.

I've been working with Xen on and off through this past semester and I'm
narrowed down to a few more, final questions.

First off, when a new domU is created, how/where are the dom0 vifs that
bridge to that domU getting created?
Secondly, I want to tweak the dom0 VIF associated with a given domU.  I
want the dom0 VIF to stay live and do something basic like log when
packets arrive to it.  Where is the code for these VIFs?

Finally, I want to make sure I actually understand what's going on in
Xen network virtualization.  It looks like the default behavior can be
summed up as follows:

- New domU is created.  A VIF for it in dom0 is created.  The dom0 VIF
is placed in the xen-br0 bridge.
- When a packet arrives on the actual physical network hardware, the
packet is bridged to all the dom0 VIFs on the bridge
- When a VIF associated with a domU receives a packet, it transfers the
packet via the Xenbus to the hardware driver in the domU, making the
packet's arrival transparent.

If I'm off-base, I really would like to be corrected.  I've been
wrestling with Xen, bridging, routing, iptables, etc for a while now and
I'm really trying to get the hang of Xen's networking.

--
Rhett.