Re: [Xen-devel] OpenIPMI on dom0

I just went GNU hackers meetup yesterday in Milpitas.

http://www.gnu.org/software/freeipmi/hackers-meet-2005.html

Funny thing, is ... there were a bunch of High Performance Computing
guys there, but no Xen hackers.

If I ascertained correctly, OpenIPMI has problems. Have you tried
FreeIPMI? I am not a kernel hacker, but FreeIPMI requires no kernel
support. Albert Chu said they were about to add support in the Linux
Kernel at Lawrence Livermore. I am about to fire up FreeIPMI. Is there
some distinct advantage to OpenIPMI. I have only been using IPMI out-of-
band up to this point to primarily do remote power.

brian

Brian Lavender <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>