[Xen-devel] Re: Hotplug scripts not working... xen/ia64 domU stoppedworking

  • To: "Dave Thompson (davetho)" <davetho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Andi Kleen <ak@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: 08 Dec 2005 17:49:31 -0700
  • Cc: Xen Mailing List <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 20:19:46 +0000

"Dave Thompson \(davetho\)" <davetho@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Ewan,
>
> You were right, the udevd was crashing with a bus error.  I ran in gdb
> and the backtrace was huge.  There were no debug symbols so I couldn't
> really tell what it was trying to do.
>
> I downloaded the src for udev-068, compiled, and installed a new udevd
> in /sbin.  This works and I can now successfully start my guest domain.
> Strange that the original udevd didn't work when booted with the dom0
> kernel.

I suspect it is some problem with the 2.6.12 kernel base. With 2.6.13
it works just fine. udev and kernel are unfortunately very intimate
with each other which causes such version dependencies. It would
have been good if Xen mainline hadn't been stuck on such an old
kernel too.

-Andi