Re: [Xen-devel] OS/2 and eComStation

If you can install it under QEMU, you've got a fighting chance of it working under Xen. This would mean that the emulate hardware is compatible.

There's a good chance it won't work out of the box in Xen though. At Mats mentioned, we don't do full instruction decoding so it's possible that OS/2 relies on things that we don't do. This should be pretty easy to get going though. When it hits an instruction it doesn't know about, you should get some output on the serial console. If you decode the instruction by hand, you can then implement support for it in Xen.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

ecs user wrote:

Hi,
Hoping someone can help me with some question on Xen
3.x and Intel VT (Vanderpool) hardware.

Can IBM OS/2 or Serenity Systems eComStation now be
run with Xen and Intel Vanderpool enabled CPUs?

If not, what is needed?

Are any drivers needed?

Do you know of anyone working on getting Xen to
support OS/2 or eComStation?