Re: [Xen-devel] [patch, rfc] put IP addresses into xenstore

Keir Fraser wrote:

I would expect most setups will have a central authority assigning IP addresses to domains, either via DHCP or boot-time IP p'n'p. That would seem to be a better place to get domain-to-IP binding info from rather than trusting the domU itself.

How do you do that? Assuming there is a dhcp server handing out IP addresses (pretty common these days I think). Is there some way to ask the dhcp server whenever there is a valid lease for a given mac address? Other suggestions to figure the IP address for a given domain?

Unfortunately it's also slightly outside teh current scope of the dom0 tool stack.

But unfortunaly there also seems to be no other standard way, thats why I've tried to simply place the addresses in xenstore ...

cheers,

  Gerd