Re: Guest-visible phys2mach part of Xen arch-neutral API? was: [Xen-devel] Uses of &frame_table[xfn]

On 29 Dec 2005, at 01:59, Tian, Kevin wrote:

IMO, I see the phys2mach mapping as a basic virtualization policy, instead of an architecture specific requirement. After adding phys2mach concept to XEN/IA64, we can reuse more common code without ifdef. Then correspondingly also need to add several necessary changes like x86: DMA, SWIOTLB, AGP, etc, to ensure legal machine address written into physical devices.

This seems to make sense to me. How does ia64/xen work right now? Machine addresses visible to domain0 and full virtualisation of addresses exposed to other domains (with no way of seeing underlying machine addresses)?

 -- Keir