[Xen-devel] Re: Resend: setting breakpoints around hypercalls in a domU causes dom0 to lockup

  • To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Kip Macy <kip.macy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 00:05:41 -0600
  • Cc: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 06:10:31 +0000

When one types 'next' in GDB, GDB looks up the address of the first instruction for the next line of source code and sticks a breakpoint there. If one 'next's through an inline hypercall function the dom0 has consistently locked up on me. Next time I think about this problem I'll enable debug output to find out where the breakpoints are actually being put.

                      -Kip