Re: [Xen-devel] xen 3 dom0 eats memory

Keir Fraser schrieb:

>>> What interface do you attach the domU gateway address to?
>>>
>> it's the xen-bridge-interface where I set the domU gateway address.
>
> I can't repro the problem. My setup is that the domU vif is the only
> interface I attach to the bridge (eth0 is not attached). I give the
> bridge address 10.0.0.1, enable IP forwarding, and set up IP
> masquerade on eth0. I set domU IP address to 10.0.02 gw 10.0.0.1 and
> disable transmit checksumming.  I then did a TCP bulk transfer to an
> external host (a few million packets) and observed no memory leak in
> domain 0.

Hmm.. thats strange, since I did nothing special.

Here once more what I did, maybe (hopefully) we misunderstood:

eth0 has my internet ip address.

I used the network-bridge-script to setup the (xen-) networking,
set up ip 192.168.37.254 on xenbr0.
Then I startet domU.
After that I added masquerading to eth0.

I have the following interfaces in the bridge: peth0, vif0.0, vif1.0

I'm using debian sarge as os. Maybe they set something special in their
networking-scripts?

It is a test-machine, so i can give you the root-pw, if nothing helps.

Patrick