[Xen-devel] Weekly Samba & Mysql stress testing

January 09, 2006

* Xen BUILD:
changeset:   8497:9efe7eb108e1
tag:         tip
user:        kaf24@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
date:        Wed Jan  4 11:51:38 2006 +0100
summary: The dom0_ops implementation wasn't matching the interface definition,

* Testing Hardware:

   HW ID   Model   Procs.   Mem.    ARCH     Distro
   -----   -----   ------   ----   ------    ------
   A       x335    2        2GB    x86_32  SLES9-GA-SP2
   B       HS20    2        2GB    x86_64  SLES9-GA-SP2
   C       HS20    2        1GB    x86_64  SLES9-GA-SP2

* Xen Setups(NOTE: for HW ID look above):
                                        Dom0
   DomUs(same config)
   Setup
   ID    HW ID   CPUs    Mem    DomUs  CPUs  Mem  PAE
   ---   -----   -----   ----   -----  ----  ---  ---
   1       A       1     256MB   2      1   512MB NO
   2       B       1     256MB   2      1   512MB NO
   3       C       1     256MB   2      1   256MB NO
   4       A       1     256MB   2      1   512MB YES

* Test Status(NOTE: for Setup ID look above):

   - All stress testing is done DomU(client) to DomU(server).

   Setup ID    Workload   Test Tool   24hr   96hr   Errors(Y/N)
   1           MySql       DOTS        P      P         N
   2           MySql       DOTS        P      P         N
   3           Samba       fsstress    F      F         Y

        Legend: P=pass, F=fail, Y=yes, N=no

* Issues / Comments:

Setup ID #3:

- Figured out that fsstress is not finishing at all because I'm running out of HD space. I am going to run the benchmark in 6hr intervals to clean every 6 hrs and restart the benchmark and run 96hr like that.

* Results:

- Please let me know if you would like to see the results.