Re: [Xen-devel] Re: mapcache broken?

On 11 Jan 2006, at 01:54, Yu, Ke wrote:

The vmx domain still blocks in my environment. HV complains it can not
find E820 table and HVM INFO page. After fixing them with the following
patch, HV does not complain any thing. But the vmx domain just silently
blocks. Would you please take a look? Thanks

I think the problem was that the mapcache is now per-domain, and the 32-bit non-pae shadow code was not copying enough per-domain page directory entries to a new shadow page directory. So you ended up probably accessing the idle domain's mapcache.

If this is the case, you should have found that VMX worked fine on pae and 64b hosts.

I've now checked in a fix (changeset 8545 "Fix 32-bit shadow mode...").

 -- Keir