[Xen-devel] A question about SHARE_PFN_WITH_DOMAIN

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 16:20:52 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 08:27:30 +0000

I know the purpose of it is to share xenheap pages with domain, so with
ownership change, type/count info update, etc. But is there any reason
we can not allocate them from domheap instead, to grant ownership
directly, since from the very start we know them shared between Xen and
doman? Currently I just saw several types of pages are following this
path:
        - shared info page
        - grant table
        - trace buffer

Maybe I missed some important hints about usage of domheap and xenheap
there? ;-)

Thanks,
Kevin