Re: [Xen-devel] Basic xenstore questions (building a watchdog)

Ewan Mellor wrote:
> When domains are created or destroyed there are special watches that fire
> (@introduceDomain and @releaseDomain).  This might help you get the
> non-persistence that you require (by removing the path again when the domain
> is destroyed).

Do those work outside of xend? I'm trying the following, and it's having
no effect when my domains restart after the watches' initial fire:

#!/usr/bin/env python

from xen.xend.xenstore.xswatch import xswatch
from pprint import pprint
import time, logging
logging.basicConfig(level=logging.DEBUG)

class XenWatchdog:
        def __init__(self):
                xswatch('@releaseDomain', self.onReleaseDomain)
                xswatch('@introduceDomain', self.onIntroduceDomain)
        def onReleaseDomain(self, *args, **kwargs):
                pprint([ 'onReleaseDomain', args, kwargs ])
        def onIntroduceDomain(self, *args, **kwargs):
                pprint([ 'onIntroduceDomain', args, kwargs ])

XenWatchdog()
while True:
        time.sleep(1)