Re: [Xen-devel] adding device driver kernel module for xen/linux

On Tue, Jan 17, 2006 at 12:54:39PM +0700, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wanted to add a kernel module (bcm5700, device driver for Broadcom
> network adapter) to linux 2.6, xen-3.0.0. Is it possible to use the
> kernel module (source) as-is, without modifications, or do I need to
> edit the module source code to be Xen-specific?

It should be possible to compile the bcm5700 source in the Xen linux
tree, but using a binary module isn't a good idea.  Also, bcm5700 has
been abandoned in favor of tg3, and the Broadcom developers working on
bcm5700 have migrated most of their changes from this driver into tg3.

Thanks,
Jon