[Xen-devel] RE: New Release Process

  • To: "Anthony Liguori" <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:11:00 -0000
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 23:19:38 +0000

> I was hoping you could clarify what the decisions were for
> the new release process that you proposed at the Winter XenSummit.

We decided to try to aim for ~6 week intervals for 3.0.x releases,
stablizing the tree in -unstable then doing the release and sweeping the
code into 3.0-testing. We'll then try and backport critical fixes from
-unstable into 3.0-testing and spin new 3.0.x-y build numbers as
required. Any similarity to the Linux process is purely intentional :)

We've got a bunch of mergeing to do this week and then plenty of
testing...

There are a couple of bugs I'd really like to see fixed ASAP:
 * gnttab_transfer: out-of-range or xen frame xxxxx001
 * the various checksum offload issues
 * investigate the reported memory leak with some routed network configs
 * save/restore problem with block devices under load

Ian