Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] Xend XML-RPC Refactoring

Ronald G Minnich wrote:

I think moving from s-exp's to XML is a bad move. If you want, use your s-expression library from LANL; it's used worldwide, and has done the job for a lot of projects.

Python supports XML-RPC out of the box. Using that code will remove 5k lines of code from Xend.

With Python, all you have to do is register functions with the XML-RPC handler and use a proxy object. We won't have to write any XML code at all. I'm quite indifferent to XML/S-Expressions actually. It's just about simplifying things.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

I know of at least one project that moved from XML to s-exp's, using our library, because XML is just plain unwieldy.

thanks

ron