[Xen-devel] manipulation of RDTSC values in VT xen

Hi, I'm currently working with Xen unstable on a VT enabled machine and was wondering if someone could point me to the virtualization point (or somewhere that I might manipulate) the return value of the RDTSC instruction when issued in a guest domain.

Also, it is my understanding that this value is stored per-VM in the VT architecture, and thus is kept accurate as if the operating system were running solitary on non-VT hardware. Is this correct? I am currently investigating the fidelity of the environment provided by VT Xen to programs run on guest operating systems.

Thanks for any insight you may have to offer,
Chris Kanich
UCSD Dept. of Computer Science and Engineering