Re: [Xen-devel] X86_64 "assert" when booting 64-bit image.

On 9 Feb 2006, at 16:52, Petersson, Mats wrote:

I think that the correct thing to do is to remove that whole
middle portion of __shadow_status(). That is, the entire
outermost 'if'
statement. (That is, the 'if ( VALID_MFN()....' all the way
to 'return 0; }').

Can you please try that out and see how it works for you?

I've done that [I did it first using a #if 0, but I've now hit the
"delete" key for it...] - Patch attached.

I don't know if I need to add this for removing existing lines of code:
Signed off by: Mats Petersson  mats.petersson@xxxxxxx

No, please try removing the if statement *as well*. That whole conditional return of 0 should go away -- the only return statement in that function should be the one on the final final of the function. Let me know how that works out.

 -- Keir