RE: [Xen-devel] [BUNDLE] Testing a simpler inter-domain transport

On Tue, 2006-02-07 at 17:31 -0800, Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort
Collins) wrote:
> On ia64 and I believe also on PPC, a guest can translate
> from virtual to (pseudo)physical but only on x86 can
> a guest translate from virtual to machine -- at least
> without an extra hypercall.  On all three,
> Xen can translate from (pseudo)physical to machine but
> only on x86 can Xen translate from virtual to
> (pseudo)physical.

I don't think x86 Xen can translate physical to machine, only machine to
physical.  So I think we're going to need arch-specific wrappers for
these translations anyway, since everyone wants different things.

This shouldn't be too bad: if you want to take a crack at it I'd be
happy to apply your patches, or you can wait until I finish the block
device (probably next week).

Rusty.
--
 ccontrol: http://ozlabs.org/~rusty/ccontrol