Re: [Xen-devel] a last comment on xml-rpc

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Fri, Feb 10, 2006 at 05:38:31PM -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:
I've also written an XML-RPC interface to Xend in C using libxml2. It very little code and just works. Granted, parsing XML is more painful that parsing S-Expressions but there are so many libraries for so many languages that XML parsing is really a nop.

  Did you push that code anywhere ;-) ?
Not yet, but I will be :-)
I can think of 2 very different ways to do the implementation (tree + paths
or direct SAX2 event flow) and would probably end up doing the second one
though the code might be more complex.
I took the tree/path approach. I wrote an XML-RPC parser before using libexpat and it was more complicated than it should have been. Once one has a DOM structure it's a pretty straight forward recursive routine to marshal/unmarshal.
 It might depends on the efficiency of
the Python side, it may not be worth shaving microseconds and kilobytes
on the C side if the Python side is one order of magnitude slower, in which
case the simplest C code would be best.
Yeah, that was my basic feeling about it :-)

Regards,

Anthony Liguori
Daniel