[Xen-devel] Re: user/hypervisor address space solution

On 14 Feb 2006, at 00:06, Hollis Blanchard wrote:

Ok, so what I'm hearing is that copy_to/from_user() and get/put_user()
should take unsigned long and not void*.

I'd prefer a type that can't be directly manipulated by standard operators. In fact, a family of types that would allow us to differentiate between references to different types (e.g., unsigned long * versus multicall_entry_t *).

Perhaps replace 'foo *name' in public structures with 'XENPARM_HANDLE(foo, name)'.

The uaccess macros then take xenparm handles plus an offset. The macros would need a bit of CPP magic to make them suitably polymorphic.

 -- Keir