[Xen-devel] [BUNDLE] Xen Share w/ block device

OK, I've got my first-cut block device implementation over xenshare:

        http://ozlabs.org/~rusty/xen/bundles/xen-share-2006-02-17.hg

The block server (ie. backend) is a userspace process in dom0 which has
the bonus feature of crashing dom0 on exit!  That would suggest that
this is not production code, but might make nice bedtime reading.

Here's the compulsory benchmark numbers (same machine, uniproc 3GHz
Pentium 4), ext2 filesystem in a file in dom0 served to dom1:

Current block device:
        dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=1M count=1000: 71.5527 seconds
        dbench 10: 48.685 MB/sec

Share block device:
        dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=1M count=1000: 31.0611 seconds
        dbench 10: 106.997 MB/sec

Cheers!
Rusty.
--