RE: [Xen-devel] qemu on Vt-x

  • To: "Ian Brown" <ianbrn@xxxxxxxxx>, "Xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "You, Yongkang" <yongkang.you@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:37:21 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 03:37:50 +0000

Best Regards,
Yongkang (Kangkang) 永康

In VT supported machine, when create HVM (VMX) domain, it will start qemu. If
only create xenU, it is same to non VT machine. (XenU config is
/etc/xen/xmeample1 etc.)

>But as far as I remember for qemu on linux, running qemu should get
>a parameter which is a file image name.
>( for example,  the qemu User Documentation we have
>"qemu linux.img").
>
>Is this parameter exsists anywhere ? from where is it taken ? or is
>it omitted ?

It is also need parameters for Qemu to create HVM domain. Xm tool help to parse
the parameters of HVM configuration file and start Qemu with them. E.g. sdl,
vnc, disk, nic, etc. You can change device_model config to:
device_model = '/usr/' + arch_libdir + '/xen/bin/qemu-dm.debug'

Then you can find the Qemu parameters in /tmp/args, after run xm create
hvm_config

>Is it the image from the "disk" parameter, (like in the
>dist/install/etc/xen/xmexample.hvm:) ?
>
>disk = [ 'file:/var/images/min-el3-i386.img,ioemu:hda,w' ]

Correct!