[Xen-devel] Re: xsd_kva mmap

On 6 Mar 2006, at 18:30, Chris Wright wrote:

I did an almost identical patch to yours for xsd_kva mmap.  You'll find
it below.  I just saw the conflict when updating, and think that we
may want to merge approaches.  Main difference is in populating the
ops, and making xsd_kva rdwr.  The first is just cleanup, the second I
don't believe is functional in your version.  Can't open rdwr and mmap
PROT_READ|PROT_WRITE and 0400 file. Also, I just drop the read interface entirely, as it's no longer needed. I'll follow this up with the actual
diff between the two.

We'll keep the current method for populating fops, as we want to keep the read function on xsd_kva. I've checked in the fix for permissions (to 0600). The existing code seemed to work okay anyway, probably because xenstored runs as root and so permissions get ignored on open(). But it's a good fix to get in the tree anyway.

 -- Keir