[Xen-devel] Re: domUloader kernel command line arguments?

Hi John,

On Thu, Mar 09, 2006 at 06:29:57PM -0800, John Byrne wrote:
> domUloader potentially makes my life a lot easier, but from experiments
> and looking at the code, it doesn't seem like there is any way to pass
> kernel command line arguments with it. Am I just missing something?

No, it has been an oversight on the way domUloader was integrated
into xen. The XendBootloader assumes that the bootloader would
pass the kernel command line parameters back as (arg ...).
domUloader does not do that, as it does not use an external
configuration file where these would be specified.

Attached patch addresses this: If the bootloader does NOT return
anything as args, the values from the config file (ip, boot, extra)
will be filled in.

You need to apply this on top of the other domUloader patches.
Let me know if this addresses your problem.

Best,
--
Kurt Garloff, Head Architect Linux, Novell Inc.