Re: [Xen-devel] guest kexec / domU boot loader

Keir Fraser wrote:

> On 15 Mar 2006, at 11:40, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>
> You end up with a hole there. Can be filled with MEMOP_populate_physmap
> if you wish. The console and xenstore pages cannot currently be moved,
> but I can add support. Since the only handle the guest has on those is
> their current gpfn, and Xen doesn't know about their special status, the
> best approach is probably to add another 'source space' to the
> MEMOP_add_to_physmap call, effectively allowing you to move a memory
> page from one gpfn to another by specifying the source and target gpfns.
>
> Sound good?

Yep, sounds good.

Can XENMEM_translate_gpfn_list be used to figure where holes in the
physmap (due to ballooning for example) are?  Guess I can "plug" these
holes then by moving around pages using the new source space?

cheers,

  Gerd

--
Gerd 'just married' Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxx>
I'm the hacker formerly known as Gerd Knorr.