Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] build configuration

On 15 Mar 2006, at 17:28, Hollis Blanchard wrote:

Thoughts? Has anybody else looked at this? Is there anybody in particular who
knows the current build system relatively well?

So far we've kept the number of 'user serviceable' build options very small, preferring to select optional things at run time, and specify non-optional things by hardcoding in asm/config.h.

What is it that PPC requires in addition to this? If it's the ability to more easlly have those config.h hardcodings affect what files get built, then maybe we can pull out those hardcoded CONFIG_ items into a per-arch text file that gets processed into a header file and into a Makefile include.

Not so sure about doing that for user-specifiable items, since there are only a small handful. Modifying root Config.mk would be the right place to put user-specific defaults for those I think.

 -- Keir