Re: [Xen-users] xen hg tree from yesterday hangs, when kernel console is directed to ttyS0

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006, Hans-Christian Armingeon wrote:

> When I reboot my system with xen with the following options to xen
> and vmlinuz,
>
> xen.gz com1=115200,8n1 console=com1,vga
> vmlinuz console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0
>
> the system hangs up while booting the dom0 kernel.

I think Xen has a major buffering/blocking IO issue with serial
console. It works for a while but when loads of lines get
flooded onto the console, the system freezes up. Adding a
"sync_console" to your Xen parameters might solve the problem, or at
least it worked for me.

--
Jussi Hämäläinen         +358 3 3551 8086   University of Tampere
System administrator     +358 50  5900641   Computer Centre