Re: [Xen-devel] Re: xen hg tree from yesterda hangs when kernel console is directed to ttyS0

Hi,

On Wed, 2006-03-22 at 15:22 -0500, Ben Thomas wrote:

> When I see this, I generally never get very far at all.  Often, I'm
> at the "no output at all past grub" stage.  Even with vga.  Luckily,
> it's confined to specific machines.

Even with *only* VGA?  I usually see exactly this with serial console
enabled: if I attempt it without sync_console, dom0 always hangs solid
very early in the boot process (though rarely at exactly the same
location.)  But I've never seen that sort of sporadic hang during boot
using just VGA console exclusively; the bugs I've seen have always been
either oopses or very predictable hangs at a specific location.

--Stephen