Re: [Xen-devel] usb device in domU status

Any plans for this to end up in 3.0.x?

--
Jason
The place where you made your stand never mattered,

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Harry Butterworth wrote:

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 01:13 +0100, Hans-Christian Armingeon wrote:
Hi,

I searched the archives for information about USB devices in domU, but I didn't
understand everything.

Are the changes in the current linux-2.6 hg tree, or do I need some patches? I
tried the current xen-unstable hg tree.

This is the most recent version of the patch.

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-03/msg00019.html

I have a

usb = [ 'path=4-4' ]

line in my config.

xm create says:
Error: Device 0 (usb) yould not be connected. Hotplug scripts not working.

The patch contains updates to the hotplug scripts which are required.
It was tested with udev.

What am I doing wrong?

Maybe you don't have the hotplug scripts from the above patch installed.
Maybe you are using hotplug and not udev (this used to work but recently
I was testing with udev).

It it possible, to pass an usb port to a domU, and to this port I connect an
USB hub, and all the devices on the hub will be available in a domU?

I don't think that will work.  You can export all the ports on the hub
individually to domU instead though which I think gives you pretty much
the same function.

What happens, if someone plugs a device off, that is exportet to a domU?

You can hot plug and unplug devices to domU and the domU will see them
come and go and the hotplug scripts in domU should get invoked.

Thanks in advance,

Johnny