Re: [Xen-devel] Compiling xenoprof

Renato,

I should have been more specific.  The sequence of commands from the
guide that I use is below:

On dom0:
[start guests]
opcontrol --reset

opcontrol --no-vmlinux

xm list
Name                              ID Mem(MiB) VCPUs State  Time(s)
Domain-0                           0      256     1 r-----   242.4
guest_0                           11      128     1 -b----    11.7
guest_1                           12      128     1 -b----    11.8

sudo opcontrol --start-daemon --active-domains=guest_0,guest_1

On each guest:
opcontrol --reset

opcontrol --no-vmlinux

opcontrol --start
Using default event: GLOBAL_POWER_EVENTS:100000:1:1:1
Failed to open profile device: Operation not permitted
Using 2.6+ OProfile kernel interface.
Couldn't start oprofiled.
Check the log file "/var/lib/oprofile/oprofiled.log" and kernel syslog

The above error always occurs when I issue the start command on the
guests...

Thanks,
David Carr