[Xen-devel] [BUNDLE] Share code for Xen w/ per-arch layer

Hi all,

        A few more cleanups for our simplified I/O prototype.  This code adds a
"vdevice" bus for share-I/O devices: with simpler I/O comes simpler
setup and teardown, so xenbus is overkill.  This "bus" is initialized
correctly by the xm tools now, but for the moment a simple standalone
"vdevice" tool is used to add/remove devices.

        Various other archs (PPC, ia64) indicated that they needed some API
abstraction for my simple share I/O interface: I've finally supplied it.
This should allow porting for those archs fairly trivially.

        We are planning a slight modification to the share API to support Van
Jacobson netchannels, but don't foresee fundamental changes.  We'll also
update to the latest Xen tree, and start proper Xen tool integration.

        http://ozlabs.org/~rusty/xen/

Cheers!
Rusty.
--