Re: [Xen-devel] ksoftirq/0 eating all cpu time

  • To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Hans-Christian Armingeon <mog.johnny@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 14:26:26 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 07:58:11 -0700

Am Mittwoch, 12. April 2006 14:04 schrieb Ian Pratt:
> > I am having serious trouble with the current xen unstable hg
> > tree, and the current linux hg tree.
> >
> > My machine hangs at the moment. top shows ksoftirq/0 eating
> > all cpu cycles in dom0
> >
> > What can I do, to get closer to the problem?
>
> What changeset number?
kernel 2.6.16 20060410 smp
and xen unstable hg tree from 20060410

xm info says changeset: unavailable

Well, I found out that this might me a ipxripd problem. The IPX routing daemon
started by accident, and flooded my network.

But the other Problem I have with this machine is, that when I run a make -j3
in dom0, the domUs are very slow, even if there is only one domU.

Any ideas?

Johnny