Re: [Xen-devel] Xen cpufreq support status: how to notify hypervisor of frequency change?

On 13 Apr 2006, at 19:28, Matt T. Yourst wrote:

Ah yes, looking closer at your code I think you are doing the right
thing and the local_time_calibration() call should be removed.

OK, so do you think my patch (minus local_time_calibration()) would have a chance of getting merged? I can add basic support for non-AMD MSRs if you want, but can someone else with a machine actually using the speedstep and/or
centrino cpufreq drivers will need to test it.

Yes. There are cleanups I'd like to do but it probably makes sense to apply your patch as is and then clean up incrementally after that (move to an AMD-specific file; more generic interface for registering interest in MSRs; etc). Right now you should at least check you are running on an AMD processor before processing the MSR accesses.

 -- Keir