Re: [Xen-devel] Status of FreeBSD port of Xen

Dave Feustel wrote:
As far as I can tell, there is no FreeBSD mailing list for
the FreeBSD port of Xen, which I believe is actually underway. Can someone on this list bring me up to date as to the status of the FreeBSD port of Xen?

Kip Macy wrote here on 090106:

FreeBSD is now, with the notable exception of suspend, a stable functionally complete domU on xen 3.0. I am currently in the process of adding dom0 support. Suspend support will be turned on as soon as the xenbus + newbus integration work goes in.

It is unclear how much sense it would make to post a sparse tree as this is all being done in -CURRENT (the development branch). However, as soon as dom0 support goes in, xen support will be pulled into RELENG_6, and in all likelihood full xen support will go out with the release of FreeBSD 6.1.

The curious can check out:
http://www.fsmware.com/xenofreebsd/7.0/STATUS

--
Kind regards,