Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [rfc] [patch] "frame number" size in hypercall ABI

On 19 Apr 2006, at 16:32, Joe Bonasera wrote:

I think the patch looks okay in principle, except I notice a couple of 'framno_t' misspellings. I think 'pfn_t' would be more in keeping with the Xen naming scheme for arbitrary page frame numbers, but perhaps that name is a bit unnecessarily cryptic. What is the immediate problem you're needing to solve?
  -- Keir

Please don't use pfn_t, that's what Solaris already uses internally for
physical frame numbers. In the Xen code for Solaris, I introduced
mfn_t as the corresponding type for Xen's machine frame numbers.
frameno_t is fine, as I can just define mfn_t and frameno_t to be
the same, but conflicting pfn_t's would be problematic.

Fair enough. We should really avoid polluting the typedef namespace with such short names anyway.

 -- Keir