[Xen-ia64-devel] flush_tlb_mask and grant_table on ia64

Hi,

on IA64 flushing the whole TLB is very expensive: this is a cpu tlb flush and
clearing 16MB of memory (virtual tlb).
However, flushing an address range is rather cheap.  Flushing an address range
on every processors is also cheap (no IPI).

Unfortunatly Xen common code flushes the whole TLB after unmapping grant
reference.

Currently, this is not done on IA64 because domain_dirty_cpumask is never set
(bug!).

We can flush TLB by range within destroy_grant_host_mapping.  But then we need
to disable the flush_tlb_mask call.

What is the best solution?

Thank you for comments,
Tristan.