Re: [Xen-devel] Re: serial console hang in 3.0.2-2

On 8 May 2006, at 16:01, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

Please try -unstable: this sounds like it could be the missing
spin_unlock that Juan Quintila found. It only affects machines without
ioapics.

Thanks, but it doesn't help for me. Anyway, it may well be because I use
noapic on a SMP box; I'm not sure the 2 CPUs will be useable in such
a configuration anyway.

"noapic" should be okay I think, but I wouldn't guarantee it. That simply stops use of the I/O APICs. It probably depends on motherboard and chipset whether it possible to run in SMP mode with interrupts routed through the legacy PIC.

Anyway, clearly it worked for you with 3.0.0. :-)

 -- Keir