RE: [Xen-devel] ParaGuest cannot see 30GB memory

Xen can only see 16GB of memory in PAE mode. So the greatest amount of memory you can assign to guest is a little less than 16GB – dom0_mem.

Aravindh

From: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of pak333@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 09, 2006 7:02 PM
To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] ParaGuest cannot see 30GB memory

Hi,

I have buit Xen (32 bit) with PAE and can start multiple Paraguests with 4 gig memory, but cannot launch a single VM with more than 4 gb memory. I would like to launch 1 VM with 30GB or so memory. Are there any config paramters like kernel,/inittrd that need to be changed.

I have the ramdisk set to the initrd I used to boot xen with PAE.

Thanks

- padma