[Xen-devel] Re: Xen Infiniband Source Code Hosted

Hi James,

Yes the mercurial tree is still the  place to get the source code. Regarding documentation,
we are still working on it but for now you can get some idea about the design from the following
two papers:
High Performance VMM-Bypass I/O in Virtual Machines (Usenix 06), and
A Case for High Performance Computing with Virtual Machines (ICS 06).
Although they are not yet available at the conference web sites, you can get tech reports from
the OSU web site here:
http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/publications/conf-papers/2006/usenix06.pdf
and
http://nowlab.cse.ohio-state.edu/publications/conf-papers/2006/huangwei-ics06.pdf

Thanks,

-Jiuxing

James Lentini <jlentini@xxxxxxxxxx>

05/15/2006 05:18 PM

Nivedita Singhvi/Beaverton/IBM@IBMUS
cc
xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jiuxing Liu/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
Subject

On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Nivedita Singhvi wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Just wanted to let everyone know Jiuxing  has populated a mercurial
> tree (very kindly hosted by XenSource) with his code at the following site:
>
> http://xenbits.xensource.com/ext/xen-smartio.hg
>
> This contains the current source code for a xen infiniband frontend
> and backend driver. The source code is in very preliminary stages
> of development, just a proof of concept for now (works). We have
> a long way to go.  We'd like to invite interested folks to take a look
> and get involved in the continuing design and development as an
> open-source community.
>
> We will be putting up a Wiki page for this shortly on the Xen Wiki.
> Stay tuned...
>
> There is also a mailing list we set up for discussion on
> virtualization of smart I/O in Xen at:

> However, at Ian's request we're going to contain most discussion
> to xen-devel itself.
>
> (Please pardon my earlier post without a subject).
>
> thanks,
> Nivedita

Is the mercurial tree still the best place to get the current sources?
What is the best source for documentation on this project?

james