Re: [Xen-devel] Q: How to find own domid or uuid from domU?

Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 18 May 2006, at 09:32, Markus Armbruster wrote:
>
>> I can access xenstore /local/domain/DOMID in domU's kernel through the
>> xen/xenbus.h API.  What I can't figure out for love or money is how to
>> determine DOMID.  Or UUID, for that matter.  Ideas?
>
> DOMID is ephemeral so we don't want guests looking at it. UUID is a
> different matter -- I think we simply don't have an interface for
> obtaining it right now.
>
>  -- Keir

I can map from domid to uuid by reading /local/domain/DOMID/vm.

I got that to work by trying DOMIDs starting with 0 until the read
succeeds, but that's kind of gross.

I can think of some less gross methods to find my domid, but I'd still
be glad to hear suggestions.

Would you like to have an interface for obtaining one's UUID?  What
about adding a XENVER_get_uuid code to HYPERVISOR_xen_version()?