Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to start PAE Mini-OS from 0x0

On 21 May 2006, at 23:53, Puthiyaparambil, Aravindh wrote:

With changeset 10053, I am able to get Mini-OS PAE to come up from 0x0.
I am noticing that number of pagetable frames created by the builder is
5 if virtual start is below 0xc0000000 and 4 if higher than 0xc0000000
for the same amount of memory (32MB). Why the difference in the number
of pagetable frames? Is it because of the extra mid-level page directory
for Xen?

Yes. We always create a final mid-level page directory even if not required for guest mappings.

 -- Keir