Re: [Xen-devel] Q: How to find own domid or uuid from domU?

Christian Limpach wrote:
On 5/22/06, Andrew D. Ball <aball@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Christian Limpach wrote:
> There's a uuid node under the vm path.  I.e. you'd do:
> vmpath=$(xenstore-read vm)
> uuid=$(xenstore-read $vmpath/uuid)

Since I'm interested in <uuid> instead of /vm/<uuid>, I'd like to see
<uuid> by itself in xenstore.

Yes, you shouldn't parse the uuid out of the path you get when reading
the vm node, but instead you should read the uuid node in the domain's
vm tree, as I described in the text you quoted (*sigh*).

Sorry -- I should have read more attentively.  Thanks.

Andrew

   christian