[Xen-devel] Xenoprof errors with Xen-unstable

  • To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Apparao, Padmashree K" <padmashree.k.apparao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:13:04 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:13:43 -0700

I am running the latest xen-unstable on linux 2.6.16.13. I get the following errors on trying to start Oprofile in the guest

Operation 8 failed for domid 1 (sattus=-1). Could not open profiled device

And operation 8 in xenoprof.h is enable_virq.

I have debugged a bit and found that the active_index is returning -1 for the guest domid.

Renato suggests debugging the XENOPROF hypercall set_active as it may not be adding the domain to the active list.

Before I go and start debugging the hypercalls, was wondering if anyone has experienced such an error and if there is a quick fix to it. Maybe something not setup correctly on my machine.

This is a fresh build Xen with all new sources (cleaned up all my old stuff).

Thanks

-          Padma