Re: [Xen-devel] [patch] ne2000.patch

Actually, I didn't test against OpenBsd.
Without this patch, ne2K driver in Linux will complain about "bogus packet size" under high load(copy a large file larger than 100M among Domain). At the same time, the driver may also drop a large number of error packets. It also improve the performance 2 or 3 times in my test. The original result is about 700 KB/s. After patching it, the result is about 1.8M~2M /s. What's more important is it could prevent the emulated net card from being halted caused by IRQ missing problem. After the device-model transfering to event driven model, ne2000 card cannot work stable in VMX. Hope this patch could solve this problem!

Best Regards,
hanzhu

Ian Pratt дµÀ:
This small could make ne2000 net card on HVM work stable.
I have submitted the patch to qemu mail list. Actually, they only check the second part of it!
Does this actually fix any reported bugs or measurably improve performance? If not then it isn't worth us diverging from qemu code: it's up to qemu maintainers whether or not to accept the patch.

Does it solve the issue that OpenBSD had with the ne2k emulation under
high load?

Ian