From: Dave Lively [mailto:dave.lively@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 1:19 PM
To: Carb, Brian A
Cc: Krysan, Susan; Puthiyaparambil, Aravindh; Xen devel list
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Networking in dom0

Hi Brian -

  You're right that a default route is not required for networking in
general.
But it looks like the network-bridge script hasn't been working with no
args and no default route since changeset 8814:
        http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg?cs=d1596fc2cbaa

  I guess the script should fall back to guessing eth0/xenbr0 if there
is no default route.  I've attached a (completely untested) patch that
does this.  Could you give it a try and let me know whether it works for
you?  (Apply with 'patch -p1 < network-bridge-fix.patch' run from the
top-level xen-unstable directory.)

Dave