Re: [Xen-devel] Measuring migration downtime

Arun Babu wrote:
Hi,
I need to get the exact downtime for doing a live migration with ms precision. (I am not bothered about whole migration time which is close to 1 minute.. I need to measure the live migration downtime during which the DomU is out of service.. the figure quoted in the xen
 documentation says it as ~60 ms..  )
 I hope someone must have tried to measure this before.

If you run a benchmark against the server, and measure the server's throughput at a high granularity and graph it, it should show you the interval that it was down for. I think that is the most realistic way to do this.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

 Can you suggest me ideas to measure this?

Thank you,
Arun