Re: [Xen-devel] RE: Rearchitecting IO Emulation for HVM Guests

"Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote on 06/08/2006 07:07:15 AM:

> > Natasha and I are interested in helping with the io emulation work for
> > fully virtualized HVM guests you mentioned in your March 12th email:
>
> Great!
>
> I think the updated task list probably looks something like:
>  1. update qemu-dm to use latest QEMU version (Christian is working on
> this)

I've heard that Christian had successfully updated qemu-dm to 0.7.0
and is working to update it to 0.8.1.  Is there anyway we can get
the (interim) patches from Christian ?  Is there a tree somewhere with
these patches ?

>  2. modify the xen/qemu interface to use the 'v2e' approach (Leendert is
> looking at this)

Leendert has asked me to look at the xen/qemu interface (e.g. a shared,
per-vcpu buffer that can be extended to contain hvm state) for this
'v2e' approach.  Leendert has given me details on his thinking, and I
am working on them right now.  However, this stuff is also dependent
on the updated qemu-dm from Christian (hence, my inquiry above).
Thanks.

Regards,

Khoa